FirstAssist has signed a contract with learning disability charity, Mencap to provide an absence recording service for its 7,000 employees.
When staff members are absent from work, they will call FirstAssist who will record the details of the absence, offer advice and support and notify the individual's line manager. The service is designed to support staff when absent, as well as provide a fair and accurate recording system for the charity.
Jill Tombs, Mencap’s director of human resources and governance, commented, “'Mencap is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees and providing a supportive framework to reduce sickness absence. As well as providing support for line managers when dealing with the issue, this service will offer a fair and consistent procedure which is confidential, whilst offering support for our employees during absence from work.
“For us it is not just about managing absence, we see the implementation of the service as a major contribution to our employee wellbeing strategy.”
Jerrot Sawden, head of health and wellbeing at FirstAssist commented: “We are delighted to have Mencap on board as a client, and we are looking forward to working with the charity to play a key role in looking after the wellbeing of its employees, whilst helping to minimise absenteeism.”
“FirstAssist's service provides a supportive framework and process for managing absence to human resources, senior managers and line managers. This includes consistent absence recording, automated notifications to keep managers informed, as well as strategic management information to identify particular patterns of absence and their underlying causes.”
List of benefits for staff
- Proactive support for employee health and wellbeing
- Simple process to report absence, accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Support & advice that recommends an appropriate course of action
- Consistent and fair absence procedure - every employee is treated fairly & equally
- Guidance and support on medical conditions and non-medical issues before they become a long term difficulty
- Professional and independent service for staff
- Confidential and secure recording and storage of data
- Adherence to codes of ethics and practice